Friday, August 16, 2013

Hannah and Samuel

I was reading in First Samuel a couple of weeks ago about Hannah.  So often when we think of Hannah we think of her infertility and her begging God for a child.  We even hear about this preached on Mother's Day in some fashion or another.  Most of us know that Hannah eventually had her child BUT the story didn't end there.  Hannah gave her son back to God (he lived in the temple with the priest) and she went the majority of the year without seeing him.  I know how Hannah felt.  She was a mother whose child didn't live with her.  

My guess is that Hannah prayed like crazy for Samuel!  1 Samuel 2:26 says that "Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with men."  That doesn't just happen!  I think it's a tribute to God first and foremost, but also to Hannah and the power of prayer.  

1 Samuel 3:19 says "The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of his words fall to the ground."  I LOVE this verse!  I've been praying it for my boys since I read it.  They weren't with us long, but we didn't waste a moment we had with them praying, singing and reading Bible stories. 

 I was in the kitchen one time and looked over to find my oldest boy looking at his Bible all on his own (probably the only time he ever sat nicely!)





He loved to pray...
 And sing...


  I also can't help but believe that Amazing Grace will be his favorite song one day.  I used to sing it over and over and over again as I rocked him to sleep.

And this little guy is clearly praising God by enjoying life!


Thank you to everyone who has reminded us of the power of prayer and how we are intercessors for the boys.  I believe God will use them for his honor and glory some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment